Our customers at Lockout 247 come from all backgrounds and include individual homeowners and businesses across the Essex area.
One sector we work closely with is estate agents, property managers and landlords. There are a variety of reasons why these types of businesses need to stay in contact with a third-party service such as ours.
General Property Security
Property security is a constant concern for estate agents and property managers and having access to the right services is critical.
At Lockout 247, we provide support in maintaining the security of many properties in Essex. That includes the ability to install, repair, and replace high-quality locks, ensuring that properties remain well-protected against any potential intrusions or unauthorised access.
For example, if you are in charge of a property, we can inspect areas like the doors and windows to check that they are as secure as possible. Changing individual locks is often the easiest way to improve security and it’s not as complicated or costly as many people think. We can help install the latest locking systems that are more resistant to break-ins.
Response to Lockouts
Lockouts can be incredibly inconvenient and disruptive for tenants as well as homeowners. Lost or broken keys are the most common cause of these types of problems. The good news is that our locksmiths possess the necessary tools to quickly and safely gain access to your property without causing damage to the lock itself. We also have key-cutting facilities with us which means we can provide tenants or property managers with new keys there and then.
Legal Entry Assistance
Of course, while it’s not the happiest of situations, landlords and property managers often have to gain access to a flat or home or even business property for legal reasons. This can be because a tenant has left without paying the rent or there is an urgent need to gain access for some other reason.
Breaking down the door is costly and could cause more damage than is necessary. A qualified locksmith can use a variety of different tools to safely and securely enter a property while causing the minimum of damage.
Lock Changes, Repairs and Replacements
Locks can break, they can become damaged with constant use or you might have certain locks in a property that need updating to more secure ones. Lock technology is also constantly changing and improving so it’s important to work with a business that continuously updates its skills and technological solutions.
Some of the main reasons that lock fail include:
- Over time, keys and locks can become worn down or damaged through use. This can often lead to difficulty in a key or even getting stuck in the lock. It’s worth checking locks properly before a new tenant takes over a property and whether they need to be updated or require a repair.
- The strike plate is the metal plate on the door frame where the bolt enters when the door is closed. If this is misaligned, it can cause the bolt to miss the hole, resulting in a lock failure. That essentially means you can’t close the door, something that requires urgent attention.
- Locks have various internal components such as springs, pins, and tumblers. If any of these become loose, worn out, or broken, it can lead to lock failure which can be frustrating and compromise immediate security.
- Accumulated dirt, dust, or debris can also interfere with the proper functioning of any lock. For instance, it might clog the keyway or hinder the movement of the lock mechanism, preventing it from operating smoothly.
- Harsh weather conditions, such as excessive heat or cold, may lead to the expansion or contraction of the lock or door materials. In some cases, this can lead to misalignment, making it difficult to lock or unlock.
- If someone attempts to force the lock or break into the property, it more than likely will result in damage to the mechanism, even rendering it ineffective. Being the victim of a break-in is harrowing enough without worrying that a door or window is insecure.
- Lack of regular maintenance, such as lubrication or cleaning, can contribute to lock failure. Without proper care, locks can become stiff, rusty, or corroded. The installation of lower-quality locks can also be an issue that is better resolved sooner rather than later.
Landlords, estate agents and property managers are generally involved with more than one property and these may well be spread across the Essex region. Having a third-party locksmith service that knows the area well and is responsive can solve a lot of problems.
Boarding Up Services
In unfortunate situations such as break-ins or property damage, boarding-up services become essential for securing any property temporarily.
At Lockout 247, we know that a quick response is essential. That includes expertise in boarding up doors and windows, providing immediate protection against further intrusion and weather elements. We make 100% sure that there is no further risk to either a tenant or property once we have finished work.
Why Lockout 247?
We’re a family-owned business that has been operating across the Essex area for the last couple of decades. Whether you’re a landlord, estate agent or property manager, having our number on fast dial makes perfect sense. It means we’re always just a phone call away.
Property emergencies can occur at any time and require immediate attention. We understand the importance of a fast response and offer 24/7 availability. You can call us night or day and we’ll be out to help you.
Whether it’s installing new locks, repairing existing ones or boarding up properties, our attention to detail and precision ensures that the work done is always of the highest standard. Building a long-term relationship with a local company like Lockout 247 makes a good deal of sense. We’ve got a lot of experience working with property managers and estate agents of all sizes.